It's Reveal Day 
for the

 We're All Ears :: August Inspiration :: Moths

    
over at the Earrings Everyday blog!

I love all moths, but especially.....



The Unexpected Moth!


Moths can either be earthy in color or amazingly vibrant.  I thought I'd do a pair showing the contrast of both.




The wings are by Claire Lockwood of Something To Do Beads.  I have a deep affection for Claire's work, everything she does is soulful and beautiful.  I believe these wings were originally meant to be small drop pendants.  But since I had two and they were lightweight, I made earrings instead!

Those lightning blue beads are none other than Basha Beads,  I have a small stash of her beads that I've collected over the years.  These were perfect for the top of the wings as it brings it all to life!




Cocoon sweet cocoon




Every moth needs a home, so I paired these lovely delicate glass wings by Kim Snider with warm fuzzy cocoons by Sagahus Components.  I added some iridescent peanut beads to  reflect a little light.





I can't wait to see what the others have come up with!  Hopefully I'll figure out how to add the appropriate link in order to hop to the next blog!  If I mess up, my apologies in advance!!  lol 
Loralee  xo

Comments

  1. Both pairs are gorgeous but that last pair is just divine. Love them. You have such a talent for mixing components in an extraordinary way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I bought those wings back in the days when you still could...lol

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous. I love how you always mixed textures and materials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! I know you're a "mixer" too!! It's always exciting to me.

      Delete
  3. Perfection Loralee! Top ones for me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsay! pssst....the top ones are my fav, too.

      Delete
  4. All the earrings are wonderful. Your last pair is just beautiful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words, Kathy! xo

      Delete
  5. I am really drawn to the first pair - both the ceramic wings and the glowing blue beads are like fireflies dancing ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they are mysterious, right? Creatures of the night....

      Delete
  6. Holy Moth-er, You knock me out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both and not surprised they are on reserve! I adore Basha beads and have hoarded a few. Also those wings! Gorgeous! I love Kim Snyder's work. So pretty with the cocoon beads. Lovely renditions, my dear! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love them! Including all of the extra beautiful details you take the extra time to do. You are quite the designer! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love both of them and how you did them to contrast. It is interesting that sometimes you have such "plain" moths and then some are so vibrant! Excellent job of matching the color. Really love the cocoon set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous Loralee. Especially the first pair. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both pairs of earrings are just stunning! (Although I expect nothing less from the Earring Whisperer!) That first pair is particularly yummy with the mix of rustic and luminous. LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts