Earrings Everyday:: We're All Ears:: November Inspiration


For the November Inspiration Challenge we were asked to choose our favorite inspirational quote out of the four options below.











So, I chose "Chart Your Own Course" perhaps, because I found myself having to do that mid-life after a divorce and needing to raise two young boys on my own.  It spoke to me.  That was an extremely tough time in my life, however, also a time when I discovered making jewelry and developed some of the closest friendships and relationships of my life!  Good things always come if you give it time.



↔↔






In hindsight, the more I look at the earrings, the more symbolism I see:  Two sturdy boots carrying two pure birds; blooming roses; prism crystals; optimism and hope going forward.



Boots are handmade pewter components by Vincent and Nooma Cav of Inviciti.  The accent beads are mostly vintage.


                                                                           


↔↔

I made a second pair!!  How cute are these!!  Gahhh... those colors and the fabulous gold accents!






Sail boats are handmade ceramic charms by Andrea Salkowe of JosephineBeads.  








Wow, this was a fun, but, I didn't think this challenge would be so emotional for me.  Art is so cathartic :)



Thank you for stopping by!  Here's the link to blog-hop
 okay....my link isn't working...I"m sorry....I don't know what I did wrong :(

Loralee xo

Loralee Kolton Jewerly

Comments

  1. Oh! My word. Miss Loralee, you've done it again! I absolutely adore the way these came together! The symbolism is powerful. Thank you for suggesting this challenge and for joining me in doing it. It was tough, but ultimately the results are fantastic! I think I have a new appreciation for all those quotes I collect obsessively! Thanks for making my day, and playing with me! Enjoy the day! Erin xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Erin, I didn't realize just how powerful the symbolism was until I was finished. I just welled up with tears. Thank you so much for this challenge...it was amazing. Hope we can do it again sometime! It was a great therapy session...lol xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. I love your style and these are simply fantastic. The red and gold are just awesome. What a great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linda! Those sailboats are pretty amazing. Andrea did an amazing job!

      Delete
  3. I adore the sailboat earrings because I love everything connected with the out of door and water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you liked them! That is one of my favorite color combos and the added gold just made it so elegant.

      Delete
  4. Love your story, love your creation, love love love love YOU! You are an inspiration in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The symbolism in the first pair is powerful. You have narrated a beautiful story with that pair

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pieces always take my breath away. These two are no exception. I get some of the symbolism in your first pair and they are quite touching. As a water baby, the second pair are definitely more my style. They are both beautiful and heartfelt, perfect for your chosen quote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these and especially all the symbolism behind the first ones. The way you combine vintage and art beads is so wonderful and seems extra perfect for this quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both the earrings and how you symbolised the quote are fantastic! The sailboats are wonderful and I love the "sturdy boots" to keep walking forward in when things get tough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are both super adorable, Loralee! You find the coolest elements for your earrings. I adore those little sailboats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sail boats are, no doubt, very pretty but it is the meaning locked in the first pair that attracted me. It talks about striving to find yourself, going through ups and downs and finding that bird of happiness in the end and it is not the end yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much....Yes, it really just poured out!xo

      Delete
  11. This blog is very nice . Such sweet and lovely earrings for women . I really like and appreciate your post.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts