The September Art Bead Scene Challenge!



About the Art & Artist:
Eugene Seguy (1890-1985) had two careers. One as a dedicated entomologist and the other as a bold pattern designer. His in-depth study of insects were transformed into amazing designs during the art periods of Art Nouveau and Art Deco. His later work is more influenced by Art Deco motifs with more abstract and linear patterns. He created 11 portfolios of his designs. His portfolios made using the pochoir technique, a unique type of hand-stenciling used to produce fine prints in limited editions. Some of the prints could have up to 100 stencils to produce each part of the design.



The Necklace~ 

I like BIG moths and I cannot lie...


Claire Lockwood of Something To Do Beads was back on my worktable with this mammoth size Regal Moth.  It is a gorgeous piece made of porcelain and sgraffito decoration.  

I adore moths, Claire and this color palette so this bad boy is staying with me!



I used natural stone tube beads and wired it, wanting that rustic pop of black.  An oxidized repurposed vintage tassel with a flower cap.  Lovely polymer beads with a jagged edge by Russian bead maker Juliya Laukhina.  





The Earrings~


Look at these headpins by Kimberly Rogers of Numinosity ... just take a moment and look at 'em!  I love her technique of layering colors and texture.   The faceted polymer beads in the center are by Marina Rios of Fancifuldevices.  Both bead artists are true masters of original and organic non cookie cutter type beads and are a favorite of mine.  The top bead is a vintage faceted plastic with an AB finish,  The earrings are dramatic but super light weight because of the materials I've chosen.







Thank you so much for taking a look!  The challenges are something I now look forward to!  I'm excited to start the next!!  

Loralee :)  xo

Comments

  1. Soooo good! I'm delighted you're keeping Mr Moth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous earrings and necklace, and I love reading about your materials. Those faceted plastic beads in the earrings are amazing right along with the art beads!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts